Posted 11/1/2023, 4:36:29 PM
YouTube Cracks Down on Ad Blockers to Boost Revenue, Frustrating Many Users
- YouTube has launched a major crackdown on ad-blocking extensions, violating its terms of service.
- Ads are YouTube's biggest revenue source, so it wants to force users to view ads or subscribe.
- Many angry users are taking to social media to criticize the intrusive, "ridiculous" amount of ads.
- YouTube hopes frustrated users will pay for Premium to avoid ads.
- YouTube has experimented with making ads unavoidable, like unskippable 30-second ads.