Country Star Lainey Wilson Testifies to Congress About AI Misuse of Her Voice
• Lainey Wilson testified before Congress about her experience as a "victim" of AI, sharing how her voice was used without consent to create music and promote products she would never endorse.
• Wilson said it was a "gut punch" and a "personal violation" to have her name, likeness, and voice "ripped from" her and used in ways she would not allow.
• Wilson stated that artists should have a choice in whether AI platforms can use their voice to create new content. Her likeness was used to promote weight loss gummies that she would never endorse due to her young audience.
• Wilson argued that an artist's voice and likeness are their property and should not be secondary to the economic interests of AI companies.
• Wilson spoke about how AI is increasingly affecting more than just celebrities, sharing examples of how it has harmed everyday people.