Trump Vows to Block Federal Reserve Digital Currency If Reelected, Calling It a Threat to Freedom
• Trump called central bank digital currencies "very dangerous," claiming they could make money suddenly disappear from people's accounts, despite his personal cryptocurrency investments.
• Trump vowed to block the Federal Reserve from issuing a digital currency if he's reelected, calling it a "threat to freedom."
• The Fed has explored a digital currency amid the crypto boom and concerns about an unregulated currency system, but hasn't decided on feasibility.
• Trump pivoted to calling AI "maybe the most dangerous thing out there," referencing a fake video of himself endorsing a product.
• 11 countries have already launched central bank digital currencies, citing falling cash usage, accessibility, lower costs and improved security; over 100 countries are exploring it.