Posted 9/18/2023, 11:32:00 PM
Starbucks Sued for Allegedly Misleading Fruit Drink Names Despite Lack of Actual Fruit
- Starbucks faces lawsuit alleging fruit drinks lack actual fruit ingredients despite product names
- Plaintiffs claim drinks contain mainly water, grape juice and sugar rather than mango, passionfruit, etc.
- Judge rejects Starbucks' motion to dismiss most claims, says reasonable consumers could expect drinks to contain named fruits
- Fraud claim dismissed since no proof Starbucks intended to defraud, unjust enrichment claim also dismissed
- Lawsuit alleges at least $5 million in damages; Starbucks denies allegations as inaccurate and without merit