Posted 2/5/2024, 1:15:19 PM
South Korean regulator seeks SEC guidance on potential Bitcoin ETF launch
- South Korea's financial regulator plans to meet SEC chair Gensler to discuss spot Bitcoin ETFs
- This is part of the regulator's 2023 business plan to visit advanced financial markets like New York
- South Korea has taken a cautious stance on crypto ETFs, blocking financial institutions from launching them
- The SEC reluctantly approved spot Bitcoin ETFs in the US in January after years of rejecting applications
- Gensler said the SEC did not endorse Bitcoin when approving the ETFs, though "circumstances have changed"