Posted 2/3/2024, 2:44:06 PM
Palworld's Huge Popularity Strains Servers, Costs Nearly $500K So Far
- Palworld's servers have cost over £376,000/$475,000 to run so far this month
- The game has sold 12 million copies on Steam and reached over 2.1 million concurrent players
- An additional 7 million players have accessed the game via Xbox Game Pass
- Palworld does not have ongoing monetization like subscriptions or battle passes to cover future server costs
- The lead network engineer vowed to "never let the service go down no matter what" and to ensure players can "enjoy to the fullest"