Posted 11/1/2023, 6:03:14 PM
DoorDash Tests New Prompt Warning No-Tip Customers of Potential Delivery Delays
- DoorDash is testing a new prompt warning no-tip customers that their orders could take longer.
- Dashers rely heavily on tips as independent contractors, so no-tip orders are less desirable.
- In 2019, DoorDash changed its pay model to provide base pay and let Dashers keep 100% of tips.
- DoorDash reported having 6 million Dashers worldwide who made $13 billion in deliveries last year.
- The goal is to improve the experience for all users - customers, Dashers, and DoorDash.