Posted 11/2/2023, 5:38:00 PM
Biden Threatens to Veto House GOP's $14.5B Israel Aid Bill, Calling it Stunningly Unserious
- House pushing $14.5B in aid for Israel without humanitarian aid for Gaza, challenging Biden
- GOP package requires offsetting cuts, departing from bipartisan norms on emergency aid
- Biden threatened to veto the House bill, calling it "stunningly unserious"
- Bill falls far short of Biden's $106B request including Ukraine, border, China aid
- Senate won't take up House bill; working on bipartisan package with Israel, Ukraine aid