YouTube 'Timepiece Gentleman' Arrested for $5M Watch Fraud Scheme
• Anthony Farrer became famous as the Timepiece Gentleman, flexing his luxury watches and lifestyle on YouTube and Instagram.
• He financed his lavish lifestyle by allegedly running a "luxury watch Ponzi-type scheme," failing to pay back watch consigners.
• Farrer admitted to being $5 million in debt before the FBI arrested him on 11 counts of fraud for conning wealthy buyers out of millions.
• He started small, flipping watches out of his backpack to pay for his hobby, but got consumed by the attention and lifestyle he portrayed online.
• After the watch market crashed, Farrer resorted to "double-dipping," using new consignment money to pay off old debts, spiraling further.