Posted 11/1/2023, 4:12:40 PM
SafeMoon Founders Charged with Fraud and Money Laundering in $8 Billion Crypto Scheme
- Three executives of the digital asset company SafeMoon LLC charged with fraud and money laundering.
- Defendants allegedly lied about "locked" liquidity being inaccessible and personally traded assets.
- SafeMoon market cap grew to over $8 billion as defendants allegedly diverted millions in funds.
- Karony arrested in Utah, Smith in New Hampshire, Nagy at large.
- Defendants allegedly used diverted funds to buy luxury vehicles, real estate, and other personal expenditures.