Posted 2/4/2024, 11:33:32 PM
Najib 'Very Disappointed' at Only Partial Pardon, 6-Year Prison Term Upheld
- Najib is "very, very disappointed" at not getting a full pardon, according to his daughter Nooryana after visiting him in prison
- The Pardons Board commuted his 12-year jail sentence to 6 years instead of fully pardoning him
- With the reduced 6-year sentence, Najib is due for release on August 23, 2028
- His fine was also reduced from RM210 million to RM50 million
- Despite the disappointing news, Najib told his daughter to "stay positive" and that "there will be a day and a chance for us to be together again"