Posted 2/3/2024, 9:40:23 PM
Trump Feuds With Key Michigan Union Leader as He and Biden Vie for Crucial Auto Worker Support
- Former President Trump calls UAW President Shawn Fain a "dope" and says the union has led the auto industry "into the poor house"
- The feud comes as Trump and Biden compete for support in the battleground state of Michigan, home to many auto workers
- Trump met with the Teamsters union leadership, but UAW President Fain says he "can't see any way in hell a union would endorse" Trump
- Teamsters President Sean O'Brien said the meeting with Trump "went fine" but there's a "long way to go" before an endorsement
- Fain argues Biden has stood up for workers while Trump "has a history of serving himself and standing for the billionaire class"