Posted 9/17/2023, 10:21:32 PM
Nexstar Stations Temporarily Restored on DirecTV After Failed Carriage Deal Negotiations
- DirecTV and Nexstar have temporarily restored Nexstar-owned stations and NewsNation to DirecTV platforms
- In July, DirecTV removed Nexstar's network and local programming as they failed to reach a new distribution deal
- Nexstar is the largest local TV station owner in the U.S.
- Affected Nexstar markets include Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Denver
- Nexstar says DirecTV rejected an offer to extend the current distribution deal to October 31