Ex-staffers allege mistreatment, lack of severance pay after abrupt site closure by owner
• Ex-staffers call owner Jimmy Finkelstein a "sociopath" for the "deliberately cruel" way he handled the site's closure, leaving employees without severance pay or health insurance.
• Finkelstein is accused of overpromising and lacking a viable business model, treating the site like a "pet project" and "personal piggy bank."
• Editor-in-chief Dan Wakeford also criticized for poor communication with staff, though some say Finkelstein banned him from interacting with employees.
• Finkelstein remains silent and has yet to comment publicly since the closure and employees' class action lawsuit.
• Staffers demand Finkelstein "pay us our severance from your own pockets" if he truly cares, rather than leave them without income.