Posted 11/1/2023, 8:25:04 PM
AI Revolutionizes Mineral Exploration, Helping Discover New Deposits and Reducing Reliance on Risky Mining Sites
- Computers have keener eyes than geologists to find valuable minerals
- Firms like KoBold Metals, Earth AI, and VerAI are using AI to analyze geological data and identify promising spots to mine
- AI models can recognize patterns and shapes, like underground igneous rock bodies, to suggest effective drilling sites
- AI has already helped discover new deposits of copper, molybdenum, lithium, and gold
- AI could expand searchable rock volume and enable strikes in well-governed countries, reducing reliance on "exotic jurisdictions"