Posted 10/31/2023, 6:59:06 PM
Blinken Works to Evacuate Over 1,400 U.S. Citizens Trapped in Gaza Amid Ceasefire Protests
- Blinken says about 400 US citizens and 1,000 family members want to get out of Gaza but are blocked by Hamas
- US has been in contact with citizens in Gaza, initiating over 5,500 communications to help them
- Blinken working "intensely" to find a way to get US citizens out through a border not blocked by Hamas
- State Dept spokesperson says "good progress" made in last few hours on potential Rafah crossing opening
- Hearing interrupted multiple times by protesters demanding ceasefire and chanting "from Palestine to Mexico, all the walls have got to go"