As Crypto Goes Mainstream, Is Its Anti-Establishment Ethos Fading?
• Cryptocurrency is looking more mainstream as Bitcoin ETFs debut on Wall Street and large financial institutions get involved.
• With increased regulation and institutional involvement, cryptocurrency seems to be losing some of its decentralized, anti-establishment roots.
• Major crypto crimes and scams are facing consequences, with police seizing billions in Bitcoin and crypto Ponzi schemes being shut down.
• Governments are becoming big players in crypto, holding billions in Bitcoin and planning to sell seized crypto assets.
• It's concerning to see Bitcoin and crypto being co-opted by the same mainstream finance institutions they aimed to disrupt.