Geely Launches Own Satellite Network to Connect Cars, Compete with SpaceX
• A Chinese car company, Geely, has launched 11 communications satellites into low-Earth orbit to provide connectivity for its vehicles.
• Geely aims to compete with SpaceX's large satellite network and provide features like driverless cars.
• China is rapidly developing its space program and plans a massive low-Earth orbit constellation.
• Geely's satellite subsidiary, Geespace, plans to deploy 72 satellites by next year for the network's first phase.
• Geespace has sold dozens of satellites to Chinese companies and sees demand rising for space-based communications.